Steam Problems

Spec

Fully Optimized
well, im able to run any game i want fine...fear, far cry, doom3, you name it...except the games that you run through steam....ive tryed re downloading 2 of the games about 3 times now, and it goes to Preparing Half life 2/counter strike: source for launch, then the window closes and nothing happens...just sits there, the hl2.exe isnt in my processes either...any ideas?

xzerox said:
well, im able to run any game i want fine...fear, far cry, doom3, you name it...except the games that you run through steam....ive tryed re downloading 2 of the games about 3 times now, and it goes to Preparing Half life 2/counter strike: source for launch, then the window closes and nothing happens...just sits there, the hl2.exe isnt in my processes either...any ideas?

drivers

No, not drivers. Right click on the game in the steam tray, and you should find something like update progress, and ill bet that it says 99%. And you just gotta wait for all the game updates.

Ill call you when i get outta school.

yea wait til it gets to 100%, or if that doesnt work disable your sound card if its a Sound Blaster of any form because they're known to cause random crashes

ArrizX_MuziK said:
No, not drivers. Right click on the game in the steam tray, and you should find something like update progress, and ill bet that it says 99%. And you just gotta wait for all the game updates.

Ill call you when i get outta school.

Well I figured it wouldn't be one of those percentage complete problems. I guess people really do get messed up on those after all. :(

Poor steam nubs.... :(

Well then you got me. Eh.. maybe its the.. I dont know take out the ram anyways, lol.

why should i take out the ram...i mean dude, i get 5 secound map loads with far cry now..lol

Back
Top Bottom