Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Stealing from the Rich, to give to the Poor.

OK guys, I'm new here.

But I've got a question.

My gf has an old Dell XPS m140, with a Intel Celeron running at 2.00GHz, and I have am currently using an HP Brick (otherwise known as a dv6000)...now I have all the problems most dv6000 users have. No wireless, running extremly hot.

But what I was wondering was...do you think I could replace my old AMD motherboard and processor (which is only running at 1.6GHz) with the motherboard and cpu from my gf's old dell?

What do you think?

I recently brought her a new emachine laptop from a liquidation sale that's working like a charm, that I want to last her until she needs to buy a Macbook for Arts college.

My dv6000 has to last me until financial aid time in August when I can buy my dream Lenovo with a Intel i5...mmmmm.

Thanks for any advice.
Sorry for the long post

circfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Stealing from the Rich, to give to the Poor.

I dont think this is physically possible if the laptops have two different motherboards...

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO | 4gb DDR3 GSkill | 550W Corsair power supply | AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1ghz(Unlocked 2 extra cores) | Sapphire 4870 512mb | 500gb Samsung |21.5" 1080p Hdmi Dell monitor| 21.6" Samsung monitor | RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WG | Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
CBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Stealing from the Rich, to give to the Poor.

would need to be prety much an identical motherboard. even if by some weird conincidence the two were compatible, i doubt it would actually fit inside the laptop.

why not just nick the dell? ^_^
EVGA SLI Micro Z68 // Intel i5-2500k // 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz // Overclocked 2GB MSI R9 270X // Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 // Kingston Hyper-X 120GB // 2TB WD Green + 500GB WD Black
~Darkseeker~ is offline   Reply With Quote