Startup Problem

GKil164

In Runtime
Okay, so today I started up my computer, and it just sat at a black screen for a while, so i reset, and upon restarting again, it popped up a message saying that I needed to register my Windows online, so I registered. Upon restarting, windows would either sit at the "Welcome" screen immediately after me entering my password, or would load to the desktop only to sit there for 5 minutes without doing anything. I restarted a final time after trying a system restore and unchecking some un-needed startup utilities, and it started slow as usual, only I let it sit a bit longer and got a message "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e)" I searched around but couldn't really find many posts anywhere that would apply to me.

Any ideas? thanks

EDIT: Okay, it seems Gamespy Comrade is giving me the errors, not sure if it's what is messing with my computer, but I will uninstall now and see.

NOPE didn't help my computer's speed, I just don't get any error messages now, I am just gonna try reinstalling windows

I couldn't. Even after allowing the computer to run for quite a while, around 15 mins, it seemed to be running fine, I even got a popup saying there was a microsoft update available, except NO programs would open. I am just cutting my losses and reinstalling windows. =/

Back
Top Bottom