Startup issues...black screen

mista j0hnny

Beta member
My friend's Vaio is getting a black screen that asks him to either start up on Safe Mode, Safe Mode on command, Last settings that worked, and some others that I don't remember when he starts up his computer. We have chose all of the options and they all lead us back to the same page... the black screen with those same exact options. It says something about accidently turning off your computer with the power button (that's the reason why we got this screen, I suppose??). Anybody know how to solve this??? Is it a virus or something? A member on a different forum says I should press a button on the back of my tower or something, would that work?? What are his options?

if he can boot from a cd..i would format and reinstalll.., or do a repair install of windows....the reason why u are getting that message is because it can't startup and a error occured....

it's a bootable disc.try your OS installer if it is bootable. Just set your 1st boot device on your CMOS in CDROM.

wait two questions

1. what is your level of knowledge on computers?
2. does he have everything that came wit the computer

1. not much... just a little bit.
2. I hope he does, but I think he would. Why? Does he need something that came with it?

and @ extendcradle... I really don't have any idea what you just said...

Computers come with either an o/s disk, or there fake stuff that they save money on. All store bought computers come with sometime of reformatting disk. If he can't find it, he's screawed. Just kidding, he can buy a new o/s they cost about 100$ on ebay usually.

Now that I think about it, sometimes a cmos reset fixes the problem.

Tell him to check his manual and look up cmos. It tells you how to reset them, that might save you some time, and if that doesn't work then he needs to reformat.

I would just do as other members have said and reformat the hard drive with the desks the comp came with

Back
Top Bottom