Startup advice ... got any?

Methost

In Runtime
I started to assemble my new PC yesterday. I got windows xp pro installed on my 36gm raptor, and for the most part, things are working. I have an Asus SLI delux MB and an MSI 6600GT GPU.

I have two problems so far.

The First: Even after installing the disks for the MB and GPU, I still have hardware with no drivers. PCI bridge, and an unknown item. Im not sure if these are on the MB or the GPU. Anyone have any idea?

The Second: My MB picked up the 36GB raptor and let me install my OS on it, but I have a 200gb HDD in the box too and I cant find it in BIOS or in windows to install it. This is the first time I am using SATA drives and am wondering if I need to do somthing different than I am used to. Do I still need to change the jumper to slave on a SATA drive? Do I plug the drive in to the RAID ports even if Im not making an array? My MB has 8 plugs (4 SATA and 4 RAID). My raptor works fine plugged in to SATA1 and I assumed my storage drive would work in SATA2 .... that doesnt seem to be the case. I have not had a ton of time to play with it, and I have not yet ruled out that the second drive isnt getting power, though its on the same molex as the working drive.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Your first questions, yes your asus motherboard has a driver disk that has most of the drivers on it. If you have already used the disk, go to their website and click on driver downloads. Asus motherboards are very nice, but alot of them need drivers that are not supported on the cd.

Second question, Go here for more information Asus Motherboard Support Here you will find about how to fix this problem if not, just add your question to the topic, i will get back to ya as soon as possible

Also on your second question, i just installed a 80gb hd, and i had the same problem on my 8AV motherboard. You need to add the hard drive to the partition list, other wise you might, and i mean might have to create a driver floppy disk. Just click on the above link to learn more.

Back
Top Bottom