starts but drives won't open...

schaal97

Beta member
:confused:

So I shipped my CPU from Alaska to Illinois. When I got back to IL and tried to hook it up it didn't work. I took the cover off and looked inside and found the memory cards laying there so I put them back in. I tried to start it up again, the power comes on but nothing on the monitor and the drives won't open at all. I checked the connections and can't seem to find anything wrong. Any suggestions on how to get this thing up and running. It's Windows x64 with 1 Gig of memory, dvd drive and RW drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You shipped it? By a carrier? Did you have insurance on it? They may owe you a new computer. If it was jarred hard enough to make the memory come out, that's pretty bad. To try and get it running, Pull the motherboard out of the case, and only have the processor, heatsink, video, memory connected, just to see if you get a POST. If you don't, try taking out the CMOS battery for about 5 minutes, put it back in, and retry. If it still doesn't POST, something may have been damaged.

Thanks for your help, but I couldn't get it going. I shipped it USPS and it was in Jan. of this year and I cannot find the paperwork, go figure. I shipped it back to my gf and she cannot find her copy of it either. Her dad is a Electrical Engineer so she is going to take it to him. Hopefully he can get it up and running for me. Thank you again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom