Starting: Micro controllers and MicroChips

vampist

Fully Optimized
I would love to start playing with Micro Controllers and Microchips.
Before I go out and buy one of these fifty dollar learning kits.. I was wondering what you guys had in mind.

I seen this one (Link) but I am not sure.

Then you have this one (Link) from RadioShack I see this thing every time I go in and debate whether to buy it or not.

Suggestions? Things you started with? Got place that I could buy the parts for those kits cheaper?

Thank you in advance. :)

We used to mess around with the electronics kits from Radio Shack when I was a kid. Them things were lots of fun, and we learned a thing or two. I built a crystal radio from one of their kits. Have any electronics supply houses nearby? They could also point you in the right direction.

We used to mess around with the electronics kits from Radio Shack when I was a kid. Them things were lots of fun, and we learned a thing or two. I built a crystal radio from one of their kits. Have any electronics supply houses nearby? They could also point you in the right direction.
That I know of no. I mean there is the Radio Shack, some small computer repair places, Lowe's, Home depot, and I think there is a Hobby Town in Albany..

(I live in New York, USA)

I have been to Hobby Town's website and they seem REALLY pricey with stuff..

http://www.parallax.com/

I had a couple of the basic stamps. I and II. Now for the buck it's a lot of fun dreaming up thiings to do with them.

They make that board RS sells. If you want to expand on the basics, go to the source, Parallax.

Back
Top Bottom