Stable OC?

I don't know much about OCing. But one thing that always works is starting from scratch. Just reset everything and test different speeds until you find a decent one.

Maybe you were lucky while testing yesterday? I know you didn't do much today but Vista still froze, but if you've only OCed yesterday and its doing this, its obviously not a stable OC. Again, do you hear the fans running at roughly the same speed as before?

Yeah i guess. They are all plugged in the molex's to the psu.

I really do not think you should OC your RAM, that could be the problem, set a 1:1 ratio with a 9x multiplier and up the FSB by 5MHz at a time.

I really do not think you should OC your RAM, that could be the problem, set a 1:1 ratio with a 9x multiplier and up the FSB by 5MHz at a time.

Its weird.. I set a 1:1 ratio and the memory goes up a lot. In 1:1 the FSB is the same as Mem mhz for me. Right now fsb is 1350, so the memory would also be 1350 mhz in my 1:1 (9x multiplier), For sync mode(ratio) when im using the 8x multiplier and have 1600fsb(3200mhz) it sets the memory to 800mhz.

Grrr... listen to me and don't OC the memory.

lol

See how this test goes. And make sure you haven't changed anything...I'm willing to bet that something must be slapping you (and us) in the face and we're ignoring it.

Grrr... listen to me and don't OC the memory.

lol

See how this test goes. And make sure you haven't changed anything...I'm willing to bet that something must be slapping you (and us) in the face and we're ignoring it.

There has to be something messed up. I have a memory cooler and everything, cpu isnt even oc'ed that much.

Back
Top Bottom