Stable OC?

jashan17

In Runtime
I just tested my oc yesterday. It was perfectly stable for 2 hours with p95. Started it today, and vista freezes like 2 times in a row. Not Stable. Brought my memory down fro 925 to 920 and CPU down from 3.134 to 3.105 with a 3:2 ratio and am testing right now. Why would this happen?
EDIT: Whoa, Temperature is up pretty high now. 72 degrees under load! Dunno whats up.
EDIT 2: It is still not stable at 3.1 ghz..., idle temperature is 5 degrees higher than before. 41 now, before 36
EDIT 3(lol): Maybe it could be that prime95 burnt out my thermal grease?

Something is definitely wrong, since yesterday i changed the arrangement of my molex fan plugins to plug in all to the psu. Could that have affected it?

lol, damn man, you and your Overclocking woes. I honestly don't know what to say. I doubt thermal grease could burn up from a program but maybe you didn't apply enough? What are your room temperatures?

And just a side-note from myself: Do you absolutely HAVE to have your memory overclocked? I was dying to overclock it, too, but decided to stick to just the CPU and i'm totally happy with the results. I mean, do you really sometimes say "Damn, I need more RAM?"

EDIT:

Something is definitely wrong, since yesterday i changed the arrangement of my molex fan plugins to plug in all to the psu. Could that have affected it?

Maybe one of them isn't turning on?

lol, damn man, you and your Overclocking woes. I honestly don't know what to say. I doubt thermal grease could burn up from a program but maybe you didn't apply enough? What are your room temperatures?

And just a side-note from myself: Do you absolutely HAVE to have your memory overclocked? I was dying to overclock it, too, but decided to stick to just the CPU and i'm totally happy with the results. I mean, do you really sometimes say "Damn, I need more RAM?"

EDIT:

Maybe one of them isn't turning on?

Well i have a memory cooler, so i really need to oc the ram. lol. it was perfect a day ago. Doesnt make sense. System just freezes within 15 mins of p95. All the fans are turning on. made sure of it. also my system temp went up to 35c from 33c (not a big deal, but why?). My mom says the room temp is the same temp as always,.hah

lol, damn man, you and your Overclocking woes. I honestly don't know what to say. I doubt thermal grease could burn up from a program but maybe you didn't apply enough?

Well it got up to 72c so it could be a possibility. Changed thermal grease from "ZEROtherm" to Arctic silver, and it didnt help at all, increased temperature more, actually. Arctic Silver isnt all that good..

Well i have a memory cooler, so i really need to oc the ram. lol. it was perfect a day ago. Doesnt make sense. System just freezes within 15 mins of p95. All the fans are turning on. made sure of it. also my system temp went up 35c. My mom says the room temp is the same temp as always,.hah

Alright well something is DEFINITELY wrong is your temps shot up 35*C! Jesus...

Um, I'm trying to brainstorm here...maybe your fans aren't running at full speed? Since they're all plugged into the power supply the mobo doesn't have control over the speed. I THINK that might be true in your case. Hopefully more people chime in.

Maybe try plugging them back into the mobo?

Alright well something is DEFINITELY wrong is your temps shot up 35*C! Jesus...

Um, I'm trying to brainstorm here...maybe your fans aren't running at full speed? Since they're all plugged into the power supply the mobo doesn't have control over the speed. I THINK that might be true in your case. Hopefully more people chime in.

Maybe try plugging them back into the mobo?

nooo! not 35c . That was under load. Before my cpu was 37 degrees idle. Now its 41c idle. System temp was 33idle before, now 35c.
EDIT: Load temp before was 67 now its 72 (Froze in p95), still testing with lower overclock again

nooo! not 35c . That was under load. Before my cpu was 37 degrees idle. Now its 41c idle. System temp was 33idle before, now 35c.

Wow okay. Well, if that's the case, I don't think there's really a problem? A few single degrees here and there can be caused by anything really.

Wow okay. Well, if that's the case, I don't think there's really a problem? A few single degrees here and there can be caused by anything really.

But the main point is that it isnt stable anymore, when it was before. I ended up lowering my oc down 100 mhz of cpu. still checking stability though.

Maybe you were lucky while testing yesterday? I know you didn't do much today but Vista still froze, but if you've only OCed yesterday and its doing this, its obviously not a stable OC. Again, do you hear the fans running at roughly the same speed as before?

Back
Top Bottom