Spyware Problem. Getting annoying

meanpeoplesuck

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

I bought a cisnet computer awhile, mainly because it was cheap, and I could add stuff onto it. I've had spybot for a very long time, and its the first thing I install when I get a computer. Spybot detechs a bunch of tracking cookies, even on the first day I had this. Spybot says that all of the entries were removed, but as soon as I connect to the internet, not even visit a website, they are back. Same ones everytime. I run macafee and it finds no problems, and I run adware, and it also finds tracking cookies and deletes them. I checked each and EVERY process running, and each one was a legit windows process.

I am paranoid, and the thought of people selling my information for money is very unsettleing. I mean, is it Cisnet putting spyware on my computer to make up from lost revenues of there cheap products, or is spybot not functioning correctly, I don't know anymore. I sent an email to Cisnet demanding to know if they do this or not. I will let you guys know the answer when it comes. Untill we know for sure my advice is not to buy Cisnet computers. Please, someone must know something, help me out here.

Thank you.

theres always cookies on ur comp no matter what because the internet needs them, dont worry about it its nothing

on 5 of my newly (past 3 years) computers, I never encountered this before. Here is what spybot shows:

--- Search result list ---
Advertising.com: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

Avenue A, Inc.: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

BFast: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

DoubleClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

HitBox: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

FastClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

FastClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

MediaPlex: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

ValueClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

ValueClick: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, nothing done)

go into firefox and click tools - options - privacy then clear the cookies and the cache then run spybot again and see if theyre still there

Ok, did that, and there were only two entries this time. The only site I am on currently is this one, and I doubt it gives spyware. Who knows.

no it wont, u cant really get spyware from cookies well u can but ur far more likely to get it from installing something by mistake anyways dont worry about just cookies lol

They cant really harm your computer, they cant really collect any important personal info, my pc is on 24/7, so I get them all the time, get spyware blaster, this blocks sites that give you these annpying little bastards, dont worry though..

Back
Top Bottom