SpyWare

xTc

Baseband Member
hi, i have a real problem with my computer. This messenger service keeps poping up out of no where, it really gets annoying if it keeps popping up every 10 minutes. I did an Adaware scan, couldn't find it, i did a norton scan still couldn't find it. Does any1 noe how i can fix this problem? Please help, any replies is greatly appriciated!
untitledF.jpg

Thanks in advanced!

???

The edit buttons seem to have disappeared.

Any way. Pay no mind to the content of the messeges. It's bogus BS...

Oops...

I sure hope he didn't. But if he did we'll see him again asking how to get rid of a virus or something...

LOL, na fortunately i didn't go to the websites, suspecting i'll be bombarded with spywares and viruses. well i use that "shoot the mesenger" program and so far it hasn't popped up yet. hopefully it does anymore.

Thanks alot for helping me.

That's a bogus message. You can tell that it wants you to go to their website and download their registry checker or spyware software or whatever they have. SPAM.

Yeah, I like the way your windows desktop is set up to! :D

Anyhow, yeah it probably will have stopped now. That program would have disabled it from Services like David has said which is another way of doing it, but harder if you don't know how.
You won't get that problem anymore

EDIT: The Messenger service lets people contact your computer with information, which can hold links to spyware.
It can be used for troubleshooting with companies to hand information to each other which is why it is enabled usually.

It won't damage anything disabling it. it will just mean no one can send messages to you using the service (no worries there then). Uusally people send them using dos prompt which can send them out anywhere like advertising.

It has nothing to do with Windows or Msn Messenger by the way.

Back
Top Bottom