Spyware

Rfgs1

Beta member
In short my computer is infected with spyware. I have downloaded Hi Jack This, CWShredder, Spybot S&D and Adware. When I run them it cleans up the spyware... for a while. An hour later sometimes as long as a day later, "searchpage" is back. Am I missing something? Is there a way make this go away once and for all?

Before anyone can help you, you need to tell us more about yer system. What OS are you using?

Sorry, I have windows XP. It's supposed to be an upgrade from 98 and 2000 right? It has caused me nothing but heartache.

If you installed a search bar-answering yes to a download prompt-maybe you didn't do it. Then it needs to be uninstalled. Sometimes web sites have uninstallers found on their web sites.
If not you need to know the name of the file
usually a .exe you can often find out by alt contrl deleting and see what processes are running.
close them one at a time. registry entries also can cause a reload of past events.

also, make sure that you run your spyware programs in safemode, and turn off system restore.

get rid of old restore pionts couse tht could have it saved in them

also yeh try running it in safe mode
wot sort of spyware is it if u use spybot S&D tht will tell u

matt be me said:
get rid of old restore pionts couse tht could have it saved in them

also yeh try running it in safe mode
wot sort of spyware is it if u use spybot S&D tht will tell u

I am getting 3... DSO Exploit, Common Hijacker and Webdialer. RF

have u tried it in safe mode yet
also check google for these

actually spy bot s&d also give the company some times or where it came from if it does have a look there might find an uninstal prog

Back
Top Bottom