Spontaneous rebooting???

sweetdiego

Beta member
Hi, I have a comp that will boot up...sometimes will run for 5-10 min then all of a sudden it will reboot. Any suggestions on what is causing this?
The comp is a PIII 1000 mghz. I had win98 on it, then winXP Pro.
did the same thing on both...
I tried changing the power supply...that didn't help.
Its driving me nuts!!!!

sweetdiego said:
Hi, I have a comp that will boot up...sometimes will run for 5-10 min then all of a sudden it will reboot. Any suggestions on what is causing this?
The comp is a PIII 1000 mghz. I had win98 on it, then winXP Pro.
did the same thing on both...
I tried changing the power supply...that didn't help.
Its driving me nuts!!!!
Why on earth did you suspect the power supply if everything was getting power ?
How long have you had this PC ? Is it used ?
Did it ever work right ? If so you have to rethink any Windows/software changes you made,we can't guess or shouldn't have to.
Please avoid the bios for now.
:D

I had a comp a while ago that the power supply wasn't putting out enough to handle everything I had in my comp. (2 HD, 2 cd-roms,etc...)
and if for example...I was copying from one cd-rom to the other...the darn thing would reboot.

Yes it did work fine. this just started to happen all of a sudden. I didn't add anything. or change anything.

sweetdiego said:
I had a comp a while ago that the power supply wasn't putting out enough to handle everything I had in my comp. (2 HD, 2 cd-roms,etc...)
and if for example...I was copying from one cd-rom to the other...the darn thing would reboot.

Yes it did work fine. this just started to happen all of a sudden. I didn't add anything. or change anything.
Well then you have at least a 300 watt and a 2.0 cpu at the most.right?
I find this very hard to believe,sorry but i cant.In all my 12 years of useing a PC.Quote:
But explain that more 1 cd to another ?

This can't possibly be done.

Why do you think it should ? Do you have a burner ? do you know what a burner is ? Do You know how to use it ?

Reply to thread: Spontaneous rebooting???

what kind of motherboard do you have? I used to have the same problem of the computer crashing, and it turned out to be my motherboard that was the problem.

spyware?

do u hav fire wall and spyware pretection. I didn't and my computer kept restarting for no reason. after installing and destroying the spyware my computer has not resarted itself

spontaneous REBOOT's

i have had the same thing with a brand new laptop.

FIREWALL FIREWALL FIREWALL. you need.

when i first connected with broadband. my laptop became a mobile home for no less than 37 viruses and 3 versions of a windows specific bug. this caused a message to appear saying your computer will shutdown i 60sec. the 60 seconds would go by and the computer would do nothing. it was like using magazine for an pc. nothing would work no keyboard functions, software. just a pretty picture.

full nuclear war was declared on the hard drive. and XP and Zone Alarm re-installed. never had a problem since.

McGrubb

Yes viruses :( And unstable voltages from the psu, but you scored that ut i guess. Next is the viruses and the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom