Speakers went bad on me... Need new ones 5.1

superman22x

Golden Master
I have Logitech Z-640s and they just went out on me I think. At first it was the right front wouldnt work but if I wiggled the cable they sometimes would, but it got worse over time... Then the left side just went too, and I can't get them both back on. The rear speakers sound all distorted too... So, need some recommendations for new ones. Looking to spend around $40-50... I'm in a college dorm, so it doesnt need to be loud either.
Thanks!

Not sure if you'r handy with electronics or wiring, but you could give a shot at fixing them.. saves the $40-50 and keeps it in your wallet. All you need is pliers, tape, and a screwdriver. lol.

I opened them up, and it's little wires super-glued onto the board... I have a screwdriver and duct tape, and access to pliers, but I think I would need a soldering iron...

I would check craigslist, someone always seems to be selling some Logitech speakers cheap like old X-540s, usually around $40...

I have no vehicle either... lol. I rigged it up by plugging the rear speakers into the front port and it seems to work. Oh, and moved the rears up front. No rears now though.

WHY not just get some headphones?

( Oh, good to see you back J. Sorry to hear your in China :| )

WHY not just get some headphones?

I don't think headphones are a good replacement. They're fine for some applications, but I wouldn't be caught using them as my primary system.

( Oh, good to see you back J. Sorry to hear your in China :| )

Don't get me wrong, China is a great country to visit and explore. It's just under the circumstances on how I arrived here. To sum everything up, someone screwed up my flight reservations. My schedule is currently setup like this -

California -> Hong Kong
Hong Kong -> Japan
Japan -> Hong Kong
Hong Kong -> Mainland China
Mainland China -> Hong Kong
Hong Kong -> California

I like having surround sound a lot... These were good for quite a while. I think I'll just stick with my rigged up 3.1 system, and then for christmas ask for a 5.1 system.

If I were to get a fairly cheap soundcard as well, would that give me any better qaulity through like logitech X-540s?

Back
Top Bottom