Is a Spark in the PSU Normal? (Blown PSU)

another thing about the UPS.. It's a real good idea, (if you get one) every once in a while unplug it from the wall, and run stuff from it.. Let it completely discharge then recharge it..

I wih I would have known not to open it up...How would they tell if it was opened?

Derek

they may not.. Some manufacturer will put a sticker over a screw or a label of the edge fo the PSU.. For the ones that dont have that. They will never know.

BuzzStPoint said:
they may not.. Some manufacturer will put a sticker over a screw or a label of the edge fo the PSU.. For the ones that dont have that. They will never know.
There's a sticker over the join on both of mine, something about the warranty being void if the sticker is broken.

r53s said:
Someone please, explain why you're talking about opening cases:
Were talking about opening a power supply unit or psu, if this is still under warranty and you open it to have a look inside. The sticker will be broken and the warranty is then void.

Mine has a sticker on the joints of when my system was put togther, but it has nothng to do with the PSU warrenty.

Yeah, there was no sticker...I made sure of that before I cracked it open...Hopefully they don't inspect it to the extent that they check the threads on the screw hole...By the way, I'm pretty sure it was just the PSU, because my friend who builds computers came over, and said all the wiring and what not seemed fine. Also, I mad sure to use plenty of standoffs...So I'm hoping it was just the PSU and I get me money back.

Thanks,
Derek

Back
Top Bottom