sound problems

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
i dont know what it is but when i have more then one sound going at once like someone talking and someone playing music in cs 1.6 it gets really fuzzy until one of them stops, i tried upgrading my sound card drivers but it didnt help, i tried turning the bass down which also didnt help, is it just that i have a crappy sound card or what?

I've had this problem with the MOBO sound devices. I found if I use windows xp to detect the driver, this problem starts. However, if I install sound drivers from the cd, which when it installs, it actually creates a back ground program, that usually runs in the task bar.

This has fixxed my problem.

Audigy 2 is a good card. But however, if you've installed the correct files w/o using the windows utility, I would start by using the process of elimination. Start with the cheapest part, and work your way down the list. For all you know, it could be your Motherboard.

This is what I would do:
1: Make sure you are running a background program for your sound drivers. Don't install with windows utility.
2: Try a different set of speakers, or stick a pair of heaphones in the speaker port.

More then likely I'd say it's a driver problem, assuming you never had this problem before, or maybe you reformatted etc.

i am using headphones already and i have the right drivers but i didnt install the programs that come with it so i'll try that

well i just tried turning up the base on a 320K problem so could it be that the game doesnt have sound of that quality? would a new sound card help like a X-FI?

Back
Top Bottom