sound problems

jay8474

Beta member
my father in-law had recently baught a used computer but no driver disks were included. i managed to install everything except the sound card driver, because the i dont know which driver to download. i even took off the cover to take a look inside to see if any mondel # came up, but nothing. it''s an asus mother board so i'm guessing it's a sis driver, and was wondering whats the best way to proceed? download every sis driver i can find or is there some universal sound card driver i can get?
you're help would be greatly appreciated

Could you find the motherboard model? If so you can look that up and see which drivers you would need. :p

sandra? is that a program or something? and where would the sis cards be located in the tower? all i can really see is the mother board and i'm kinda to scared to move stuff around incase i screw something up

look on the motheroard for a chip with sis in white on it. my old board had a chip about 20mm square with sis on it. it also had a number on it. i wrote the number down then typed it into a google search. the search found the driver for my sound chip.

Back
Top Bottom