Sound Problem

prosser13

Daemon Poster
I have tried playing my music, and it won't play. The sound at the start-up of Windows XP doesn't work, and none of the Windows sounds work. I put this down to a speaker problem.

But when a friend came round to play on Runescape cos his pc was bust, and the sound worked fine. I tried my music, but again it didn't work. They also work on some online games like on Miniclip.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I have also downloaded WinAMP and that won't play the music either.

How do I update the drivers? I've checked the connections and all the settings. The sound card is a Creative SB Live! Value.

maybe re-install the card-ie uninstall it, then take it out of pci slot then place it back in and re-install drivers!! to update go to the website http://www.creative.com/ and look for the update for ur card!!m simple as, then just install it!

yeah. i hate how whenever you get some hardware you always have to update the drivers. i had to do that with all my hardware. pain in the neck. but. yeah. drivers is an issue and it could be some internal problem. maybe some wire issue inside the wiring for the speakers.

I've checked the drivers, they are the most up to date you can get. I found something which might be related :

None of the Creative stuff works. The Mixer, Play Center and Certificates all come up with error messages. "This file is invalid for use as the following : Certificate Revocation List" is the message for the certificates.

Can anyone help?

yeah, have u re-installed the drivers or not. re-install them no matter what, it sounds like some data has become corrupt. that may fix it!!

yeha. maybe the installtion of the drivers wasnt successfull. hope stuff works out...

It won't install them. It says that they are the latest available and cancels the installation automatcially. Then again, I am using Windows Hardware Update thingy so it probably wont find any even if they were 10 years out of date lol.

un-install the drivers your using now and then re-install the disc...after that they should work fine..i had that card and then i sold it to my bro for a 7.1 SB Live card..lol not a major upgrade but meh. It should work after you re-install drivers

Back
Top Bottom