Sound messed up with computer

gunraidan1

Beta member
I have a stereo hooked up to my computer with two mid sized speakers. It seems that some sounds are displayed more clearly on the left speaker than the right speaker and some sounds aren't displayed clearly on both.

I thought this could be a speaker problem but when I disconnect the stereo and just use the TV for sound the same thing happens. Is this a hardware issue or could it be a software one?

The only other hardware directly linked to the speakers is the sound card. If you have a spare one or can borrow one, it's worth trying.

Although check that the drivers are up to date and check the settings for the speakers.

Mossiac

Another to check would be in Playback Devices (Right click on the speaker icon in the toolbar), go into your default device and go to enhancements, try ticking the disable box and see if that makes a difference.

Another to check would be in Playback Devices (Right click on the speaker icon in the toolbar), go into your default device and go to enhancements, try ticking the disable box and see if that makes a difference.

Tried that. Good suggestion but it didn't work.

What do you mean when you say you disconnect the stereo and just use the TV, Are you talking about the integrated speakers in your monitor?

What do you mean when you say you disconnect the stereo and just use the TV, Are you talking about the integrated speakers in your monitor?
I use a regularly HDTV as a "monitor". The sound comes through the HDMI cable when the Y cable for the stereo is unplugged.

In the playback devices, highlight the device with green check mark on it then click on "configure" button in the bottom left corner of the window. Set the speaker to "stereo", click on "next", try enabling the "full-range speakers" for, next then finish. Repeat with disabling "full-range speakers' if it was already enabled.

If you have any audio post-processing software running in the background, make sure they are disabled.

Back
Top Bottom