Sound Lag (Static) & Video Lag

Hmm... I have that same problem on my onboard sound that came with my motherboard too when i first got it, so I just thought since it uses CPU power, that that was the cause. It does use CPU time though, and that would explain that why that lags, your computer does.

But I have a Sound Blaster Live card that works seperatly to the CPU so that there is no lags.

I would buy a card that will plug into a free PCI port on your motherboard and replace the onboard sound.

You can get Creative Soundblaster Live cards rather cheap if your not all that interested in surround sound, and even the standard Live card will support 4.1 speakers like I have. That'll cost about £30 now.

If you wanted more, you could go for ones for not much more that would support 5.1 and so forth for movies.

So worth checking out some :) At least your computer wouldn't lag anymore with sound.

I'm looking into 5.1 surround, just in case I decide to.. get surround heh.
Should I look into a new PSU? If lets say I had a 7.1 surround (on the card).. and I had 5.1 speakers.. would they work together? What about the other way around (5.1 sound card, 7.1 speakers). Could at a later date get a sound thing that plugs into like a CD drive slot so I could plug my headphones/microphone in the front without going behind my system all of the time. i don't want to spend the 200 or so dollars on the sound cards that have one packaged with it.

Back
Top Bottom