Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Sound Issue

Ok so I got myself a new computer it's a Intel core 2 duo 2.0gz, 2gb ram, 550w power supply, I'm running the onboard video and onboard sound. So my problem is when I run a high end program or say try and install something sometimes my sound will bug out and be like breaking up so I cant understand anything and it will fix when the program finishes. But sometimes if its a game I am playing when I load up the game it happens but when the game begins to stable the audio becomes clear but with occassionaly breaking and static type. I have also tried it with a pci sound card also with fully updated drivers and it did the same thing so I know it is not my onbaord sound that is the issue. The only thing I could think of is that it is my onboard video but I dont know does anyone know what may be causing the issue?

Dieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack
Default Re: Sound Issue

Are you speakers on the way out?, have you got the latest sound drivers?

blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to blackjack

I see you have tried updated drivers (miss read your post) did you uninstall the old drivers before you installed the updated ones?
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
Solid State Member

Yea I uninstalled the drivers from the onboard and installed updated drivers for my pci so i know it cant be a driver issue but right now like I'm playing World of warcraft and usually my sound will be a bit breaky in there but since I have the game minimized the sound is perfectly fine but when I go back into the game and like load something the sound breaks more and becomes unclear so I know for one it is not a driver issue I am going to get a new video card soon and that will tell me if it is a video issue or not.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

It might be to do with the fact that your running a game without a decent video card. So your computer cant cope with the load. That would also explain how its ok when the game is minimised.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Yeah, I think Raffaz has it. The onboard vid card is taking up a lot of resources to run, and taking away power from the onboard sound card. Try getting a cheap PCI-E vid card and see if that changes anything.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
Solid State Member

yea thats what I though but it seems to also happen when I start up programs like 3dsmax it will break for a tiny bit but then fix itself. but i am going to get a geforce 7900gs soon so i will see if that fixes the issue.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Well that would be expected, the processor etc will be under strain when loading a program, so the sound could go then aswell.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
Solid State Member

alright. when i get my new video card i will post an update.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

the onboard video is pulling away so much CPU time that the sound card isnt getting enough

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote