Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

never heard of the make, but it must be better than onboard...
__________________

__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:19 AM   #12
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
never heard of the make, but it must be better than onboard...
This one here

Here

thats the same one, except I bought mine for a bit cheaper
__________________

Nesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #13
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Yeah that seems alright actually *thumbs up*
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:04 AM   #14
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

alright, well the soundcard is great!

thanks everyone for your help again

now my next question...

I've got a microphone probably about 4-5 years old

Looking for any installation/drivers for it...

here's a pic of it , it's a Creative microphone

Thanks
Nesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:10 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Kewl. Glad sound card works

As for the mic, it shouldn't need any drivers.

Plug it into the microphone port, and then that should be it. Check in the Sound Volumes that its not muted, and try going into Advanced, and possibly turning a MIC Boost on.

Other issues if it isn't working, could be that its not set to record from the right device.

To fix this or to check, open the Volume Control, and go to Options, Advanced Controls (Will allow you possibly to turn on a mic boost), and then go to Options, Properties.

Select recording and list everything. Press okay.

Click microphone as the recording device by ticking underneath it.

Now go back to the Properties, and select Playback again, and again make sure everythings selected, or at least the microphone is to display, and check settings, turning up and going to advanced to check for that boost that may help alot.

I hope this helps.
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 AM   #16
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
Kewl. Glad sound card works

As for the mic, it shouldn't need any drivers.

Plug it into the microphone port, and then that should be it. Check in the Sound Volumes that its not muted, and try going into Advanced, and possibly turning a MIC Boost on.

Other issues if it isn't working, could be that its not set to record from the right device.

To fix this or to check, open the Volume Control, and go to Options, Advanced Controls (Will allow you possibly to turn on a mic boost), and then go to Options, Properties.

Select recording and list everything. Press okay.

Click microphone as the recording device by ticking underneath it.

Now go back to the Properties, and select Playback again, and again make sure everythings selected, or at least the microphone is to display, and check settings, turning up and going to advanced to check for that boost that may help alot.

I hope this helps.
Alright, I just did everything you said but I can't get into Advanced Controls for some reason, doesn't let me get into it...

It's as if it's not responding as if the mic isn't connected... I might try this mic on another comp and see if it's actually the mic
Nesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:12 AM   #17
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesa
Alright, I just did everything you said but I can't get into Advanced Controls for some reason, doesn't let me get into it...

It's as if it's not responding as if the mic isn't connected... I might try this mic on another comp and see if it's actually the mic
well the mic works.... ahh it's frustrating
Nesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #18
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Weird...

Are you sure you followed my steps thouroughly?
I'm guessing you'd of plugged it into the right slot

Since its a whole new sound card, you shouldn't have this issue.

Are there by any chance updated drivers for the sound card?
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #19
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Default Re: Sound Cutting Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
Weird...

Are you sure you followed my steps thouroughly?
I'm guessing you'd of plugged it into the right slot

Since its a whole new sound card, you shouldn't have this issue.

Are there by any chance updated drivers for the sound card?
goes in the pink/red port... yeh I followed all of your instructions... I plugged the mic into a very old computer and it worked

very intersting

might just borrow someone elses mic and test it or I may need to go out and buy a new one and hope that it works...

I'll let you know what happens
__________________

Nesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0