Sound Composition programs

Kage

Golden Master
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering. Are there any free/cheap sound programs available that allow you to place a waveform into the program and then plug a keyboard using MIDI into it and play, while the waveform would change to the pitch you are playing at? So you could create a custom tune?

Maybe even allowing you to record multiple layers using different sounds together, to make a song?

Hope you can help me :)

I dont think there is a cheaper way to get it....all I could think of is sound forge, logic audio, cubase...but theu are all professional and expensive....you can try adobe audiction.....I think a its cheaper then the others....

Thanks, and yeah, i guessed they would be all expensive...though it only seems like a simple enough process for me...oh well :p

It would just be good, so you wouldn't have to have your keyboards sounds, and could just use something else for a change.

Finale notepad is cheap, free I think, way to compose music. Finale the program itself is $$$, but I also know of Fruity loops, Sony Sound forge, and audacity...

Thanks, yeah Audicity is a good program for recording waves at once.
What I mean though is,

for example, take a string sound you grab from a website thats in note C. You'd program a program to have that at C and what octive.

When you played, it'd then stretch the sound, changing the velocity to the notes you play.

Get what I mean?

Back
Top Bottom