Sound coming only from one speaker?

karling07

Daemon Poster
I have two regular desktop speakers and for some reason sound is only coming from one of them. If I hold the other up to my ear, a TINY bit can be heard, but not at all enough. Ive checked the R/L balance in volume control but still it doesnt work, but when I put the balance ALL the way to the speaker that works, BOTH get a little louder (even the one that isnt working right).

But when i do individual speaker test, the one that works does fine but the one that doesnt work makes NO noise at all (even if held up to my ear)...

Any ideas?

sound card drivers installed properly and all connections properly in??

yeah, see if all the sound drivers are installed and plugs are in. if not then its probably something on the inside of the speakers. have you dropped them ever?

if nothing works, just get new speakers. for me, its alot cheaper to get new ones than repairing them at some high priced computer shop.

Yeah, everything is in right and I reinstalled all drivers too... Ill experiment with another pair of speakers to see what is creating the problem.

Thanks

Also as prosser13 said, Hit it!!

And I'm not joking and I don't think he was either. I've fixed a few things with just hitting it. (and I'm talking electronics, not ppl :D)

if there dell speak through them away you can buy a spare of decent speakers or headphones for £10 or $10 these days

did the other speakers you tried work?

rusbo.uk said:
go into the sound thing and make sure the slider is in the middle!

read what he is saying he has already tried that.

what sort of speakers are they?, what make? and where are you plugging them into?

Back
Top Bottom