Sound Card Vs. Onboard

I just got the Logitech Z2300
The 400watt 2.1 set. THEY ARE AMAZING lol. And i am useing a Audguy 2 Value. It supports 7.1 and has the 24bit sound. I must say my music and games sound pretty nice now.

Also if you have kick ass spekaers and soundcard and your music still sounds like crap. Check to see what bit rate your music is playing at. I like my music to be at least 320kbits/sec CD is 128 radio is 96

Yeah but it works differently. You can't rip audio CD's higher than they come. They don't use MP3 compression, so saying they are 128 is slightly wrong, as it doesn't work in the same fashion.

I rip my music usually at 192kbps. Its an even middle mark between quality and space, but I do have a few 128kbps and a few 320kbps tracks too.

Well, I was planning on getting those Z2300's at some point. However, I won't for a while until my speakers blow or one of my parents askes me for them, because their speakers are terrible. I love mine right now, though, they're JBL Creature II's. They sound really, really good. I have them adjusted with the EQ in iTunes and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with their performance.

Kage said:
I might try and get hold of some Logitech (z5500's or something) ones if I got a new sound card. At the moment I'm using a Creative 2.1 Inspire set. There alright, and bass is quite good, but they don't really blow me away. But they can be powerful in some music. For instance, trance, etc.

OMG, you must get the Z5500 5.1 speaker system. I have to warn you ahead of time that the subwoofer is HUGE. That thing is like a regular home theater subwoofer. I think this one will blow you away, especially if you play around with the sound settings.

I'm waiting for the X-Fi soundcard too. Can you imagine that soundcard with the Z5500? WHew, I'll be shaking in my booty and grasping for air.

Hehe, yeah, imagine it'll be quite good.

That X-Fi though, sounds so powerful.

Especially if you use headphones with the 3D settings. Supposedly 7.1 surround sound with normal headphones... Sounds good, and seems to pay off too from things I've read.

I wonder though if a sound card with MP3's would make alot of difference. The speakers definietly would though, but I don't see how the bass on speakers could be any more than I get already :p

Though on my Inspire set, I do get a bit of shaking/distortion at lower bass frequencies. I have to have bass on about 3 quarters on volume control to stop it distorting.

Back
Top Bottom