sound card/usb headphones question

gbux512

Solid State Member
so im building a computer, and im going to be using this sound card

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro

So, I want to get one of those awesome 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound headsets, since my current setup will not permit me to have a complete surround sound system in my room. My question is, with on board sound disabled, will usb headphones run off the awesomeness that is that sound card even if they are plugged into the towers usb and not the card itself?

Will be a waste of money on the sound card if you are planning on using usb headphones. That sound card is taylor made for legit surround sound systems that range around 300 - 1000 dolllars like yamaha, Bose, etc.

The sound card will not enhance the sound quality of the headphones to plainly put it

so i have been playing around with the card now that i have it and i have been thinking a lot on this. After reading that post, what your saying is I should get a home surround system and connect it with an optical cable for the best bang for my buck?

Back
Top Bottom