sound card suggestions for gaming pc?

grenades4balls

Baseband Member
I have been looking for a cheap but good sound card that is good for gaming. I dont want to go over $150 or any creative sound cards because i always run into problems with the drivers. any suggestions? :)

$50: Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar DS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Audio Card

$90: Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

If you can afford $30 over the 150 you mentioned:

$180: Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar D2 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Ultra Fidelity Sound Card with Complete Dolby/DTS Sound Technologies

For the very reason you mentioned about drivers, plus Creative support, I wouldn't use creative, also the fact that Asus make probably the best sound cards, even from a budget orientated purchase, they outperform the higher end cards from other manufacturers

I have a Creative X-Fi xTreme Gamer Edition sound card, and I will agree that the drivers are a pain to work with sometimes, but once I got everything sorted out, it's been perfect for me.

Even though I do like my sound card, and it does give me VERY nice 5.1 surround sound, I would actually recommend the cards Aastii mentioned, simply because, you guessed it, better driver support.

ASUS makes sound cards now? I have a Creative Xi-Fi Gamer (3+ years) and I've had no problems. Wouldn't think to get anything other than Creative!

i had a creative card for about 2 years and idk if it was the drivers or the card but at random times the audio just randomly stopped and i had to reboot to get it back, it slowly got worst so i just took it out. now its sitting in its box.

Back
Top Bottom