Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default sound card static

outta nowhere im getting static coming from my sound card... ive had 2 different headsets, 2 different headphones and have hooked it up to my surround sound and all's the same!!! what's this being caused by? it sucks because i have to close outta everything playing sound for it to go away... thanks in advanced for any help

Sound Blaster Audigy SE
headset Icemat steelseries 51002

Old 06-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: sound card static

I had that issue too. but sadly, i cant fix it. I have a Soundblaster X-fi something, and whenever i move the mouse in a game, you can hear a frequency. And different screens and parts of the game would emit a different noise. it was really friggin weird, and i switched to USB headset till i get a new one.

dakxxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakxxus View Post
I had that issue too. but sadly, i cant fix it. I have a Soundblaster X-fi something, and whenever i move the mouse in a game, you can hear a frequency. And different screens and parts of the game would emit a different noise. it was really friggin weird, and i switched to USB headset till i get a new one.
It's called crosstalk, caused by poor design of electronic components, typically the motherboard or soundcard.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

It is either what DJ Chris said, but when I have this problem, I go into whatever Creative Console I have open, and mute the auxiliary and line in components. Go see if those are muted or not.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote