Sound card question

CyruS1

Solid State Member
Im gona use Real world 5.1 speakers (subwoofer and 5 other speakers) with the CREATIVE LABS SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 PCI 24-BIT. Is this is a good combination? Im not looking for the shake the pictures on the wall kinda experience. More for gaming and pretty good music quality.

I have a sound blaster live with old compaq JBLs I got from my school, the little speakers within my monitor, and a 10' home theater sub woffer. Trust me, it'll shake the house ;) If you can wire it right, it'll sound fine.

AH, I thought you meant like stereo/home theater speakers... Real world...I dind't realize that was a brand ^^;;; LOL

Anyway, they look pretty good. 40 watts isn't bad for a computer sub, and most speakers are about 5 watts, so 8 watt sattelites isn't bad.

Now if you really wanted to take advantage of that card, I'd reccomend some digital/optical speakers. However, it's probably pointless to spend the extra money unless you get feedback/static of some sort...

I just want them for playing games and above average quality of music :) (i listen to trance and i like bass)

If you REALLY want bass, and you have room, I'd do like I did and get a standard home theater sub. I mean some computer speakers and sound really good, but I've yet to find anything close to my 10" sub ;)

Speakers are more impt than the sound card. Its no point getting an excellent sound card if you're using a pair of lousy speakers

Back
Top Bottom