Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Sound Card Prob !

so this is what happened, : i connected my guitar to my pc by using a jack and everything was ok, i could hear the guitar from my speakers. then i downloaded this prog " Guitar FX " and installed it. So from this prog, u can set different kinda effects for the guitar, which i did, and when i tried to like run these effects it got stuck, weird kinda noise came from the speakers, like scratchin or something, and i had to restart the pc,

now when the pc was startin , the welcome sound also got stuck, but pc was workin normal, i uninstalled that prog and tried my best to erase all signs that it had ever been on my pc, after this when i tried to play a song from winamp, it says " Bad DirectSound driver, plz update driver or select another device from configuration or somethin "

so i already searched the net for this error and done EVERYTHING !
-i did a system restore
-updated the driver
-installed the driver from my sound card cd
-disabled it then enabled it
-installed the latest driver available for my card from the net ( my card Creative Sound Blaster PCI 128 , ya ya i know, its old )

but the mic is still working thru the sound card, i mean, if u dont mute mic, from the volume menu, then u can hear ur own voice from the speakers rite ? so i can hear it, but no other sound is coming, i switched to VIA Audio (WAVE) and thats working fine, so does this mean what i think it means ? that my sound card has finally had it ? its time is up ? or can something be done ?

Famio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
Default Re: Sound Card Prob !

Dang,everything id sugges youv already done.Sorry dude but yea I think its gone.
King of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote