Sound card or not to sound card

Steemax

Daemon Poster
Would buying a sound card drasticaly improve sound over onboard? im using the Z5300E.. would it be worth the 80 to 100 dollars?
Thanks !

I am a strong advocate for dedicated sound cards, but I always take it into consideration what they do on the computer. Could you elaborate what you do on the computer? Also what kind of speakers do you intend on using?

i wouldn't bother, that mobo has great onboard.. see but if u had a high end stereo reciever (like i happen to have) than optical is great. my new mobo (WHICH IS IN THE MAIL,,OOOHHH THE SUSPENSE) you'll notice the difference.. cuz my mobo has optical out an my pioneer stereo has optical in..

I am a strong advocate for dedicated sound cards, but I always take it into consideration what they do on the computer. Could you elaborate what you do on the computer? Also what kind of speakers do you intend on using?

Gaming / i always have media player playing music constantly even when surfing the web.. I'll be using the Z5300E's with it.. Or might pick up a new set along with the card.

Well I don't want to make another thread, so I'll ask here, Will I notice a difference with another 2gb's of ram on my current system in my sig making it 4gb, I'm running Vista Home Premium 32bit.

if your gaming and having lots of programms running in the background and active, then yes it would definetly make a noticable difference. More is always better ;)

Well my 'rig' runs well with 1GB. With the processor, I think it may make a noticable difference, but not something that will blow you away.

well, lots of higher end games reccomend 1.5-2Gb of RAM for better performance :) of course, RAM is soemthing that can always be upgraded later if its needed you certanly wont have any problems running 2Gb

to anwser the first question, its not worth the money if u have normal speakers, unless you have the latest high end speakers and u are willling to spend the money, use the mobo one

for the 2nd question
2 more gbs will make a difference

Back
Top Bottom