Sound Card for a Motherboard

It has:

2 x PCI Slots
2 x PCI-E x1 Slot

So, any sound card to be honest that you want! No limits.

It'd support both PCI, and PCI-E cards :)

That motherboard has onboard sound, the Realtek ALC888 supporting 8+2 channel HD audio. You really don't need a separate soundcard.

Pffft, on board :p

"I don't want anything too expensive; just enough to sound right."

That says it exactly. Just enough to sound right, haha

That motherboard has onboard sound, the Realtek ALC888 supporting 8+2 channel HD audio. You really don't need a separate soundcard.

he states in his post "just enough to sound right", which leads me to believe that the quality of the sound is lacking for his taste, a solution that sounds much better is very cheap, Soundblaster Audigys are less than $30 and the difference between them and onboard audio is noticeable, my kids' computer (which has my old motherboard in it) has onboard sound, Realtek ALC888 7.1 channel HD audio, and the SB in my computer sounds way better...

if he didn't know about the onboard sound and isn't that concerned about the quality (like many on this board who say they can't tell the difference) the onboard should be enough just like you said, but if he games the sound card has it's own processor instead of using the cpu which can sometimes help performance while gaming......

Back
Top Bottom