Sound Card/Computer ?'s

Bhs2010

Solid State Member
Well I am 15 So for my b-day my dad let me build a computer... So i made sure to get the coolest stuff i could afford. My budget was $1650 ( i ended up spending $1632.29) Anyway, I got

Pentium D 3.2 ghz
400 Gb Sata Hd
Windows Vista Home Premium
GeForce 7600 Gs ( Video Card )
Turtle Beach Montego ( Sound Card)
Dual Layer Dvd/Cd Burner
19-in-1 Floppy /Card Reader
Ultra Mid-Tower Case
Im proabably forgetting something but as of right now thats all i can think of.

What I amtrying to get to here is that My Sound Card is useless.. They arent coming out with drivers for vista until early to mid 2008... So , What do you think I should Do? Also, Christman is coming up and I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should get/Upgrade to my computer. I am already getting a LCD monitor ( maybe 19 or 21 in.)
PLEASE HELP!

TBH, I think that's quite a bad deal, look what I could get for £600 (roughly $1200)

Intel core 2 duo e6750
2048mb 800mhz ram
windows vista home premium (64bit)
400gb SATA 2.0 hard drive
8800gts 320mb
onboard7.1 sound
400W PSU
and it's pre built
By the way this is online (DinoPC) where you can build your custom desktop.
but it's an English site. About upgrading, what are you planning to do on it?

Well I Download TONS of music, i have movies, games, So i was going for more of a gaming computer i guess. I Also wanted to try to get more cooling , Maybe Liquid , Maybe more fans... Whats your take?

Well, if you want a gaming computer, then I'd recommend a better graphics card, check out the new Nvidia 8800gt, it's just been released and it actually outperforms the 8800gts and it's cheaper, you can't lose imo.

Umm exactly how much is the 8800? anything over 200 im not paying for. So any other suggestions? ANYONE?

If you haven't already bought your monitor, go with this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005096

Also, just so you know, a good gaming rig isn't cheap. The graphics card is most likely going to be the most expensive thing, too. If you don't won't to play crysis (or any games coming out next year and beyond), or don't mind minimum settings, you're gonna have to sacrifice a large sum of green paper.

Back
Top Bottom