sound

d0nd3vil

Beta member
Hey!

I have formatted my disc yesterday and i have installed Windows xp sp3, before that, it was running Windows98, it's old computer and it wasn't in use..
But after formating I have a problem now.. I don't have cd wih drivers so i used Driver genius to update my drivers.. Everything is working but sound doesn't:( .
Then I have tried update drivers with Driver Magician but still nothing.. I have unmute everything and installed codecs and it still doesn't working..

Could somebody help me please???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry for my bad English;)

You need drivers for your sound card. Look on the sound card and see if you can find out what model it is, then search the internet for Xp drivers. They might not be out there. You could be out of luck unless you get a different sound card.

Don't use a third party software to find your drivers. Go to Google and search for the make and model number of your sound card. Try to get a driver from the card manufacturer if possible. Since your system is kind of old you might have to get a driver from where ever you can find it. Just make sure it is for your specific sound card or it won't work. good luck!

If you can't find it, post your computer's model and we'll search it for you. If your sound card is integrated, then the motherboard's manufacturer's website will most likely have it.

Codecs aren't drivers. All codecs do is "teach" a media player how to play other extensions that it can't play by default.

Back
Top Bottom