Sould i get Alienware?

If you can afford an Alienware, then why not? Some people just don't have the inclination to build their own. The Alienware is a well built machine fully backed by Dell's excellent warranty service.

Alienware the same as my specs wouldn't be any diff. but it would cost 1200 at the least. As opposed to 800.

I have heard that they're not really that good. What's the standard warranty? If you build your own, the warranty for most components is 2-3 years.

the Alienware he selected only came with the 9600GT, which is an alright card.
He said he has friends to help him build.

I have heard that they're not really that good. What's the standard warranty? If you build your own, the warranty for most components is 2-3 years.
Here ya go:
The Alienware Limited Product Warranty on Alienware Branded Hardware

Alienware branded hardware products come with the option for a 90-day, 1-year, 2-year, 3-year or 4-year limited product warranty, except as follows:

* Portable computer batteries and AC adapters carry the lesser of either a 1-year limited warranty or the . length of the limited warranty for the Alienware computer with which the battery of AC adapter, as applicable, is shipped.
* Panels on Star Wars® desktop PCs bearing the Star Wars® artwork are warranted for six (6) months.
* Panels on Superman® PCs bearing the Superman® artwork are warranted for six (6) months.
* Computer peripheral items such as mice, keyboards, thumb drives and speakers carry a 1-year limited warranty.
* Watches carry a 1-year limited warranty.
* Other items such as the CE-IV MP3 music player and the Hub carry a 90-day limited warranty.

It starts at 90 days. They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all Alienware hardware, accessories, peripherals and unopened software still in its/their original sealed packaging.

the Alienware he selected only came with the 9600GT, which is an alright card.
He said he has friends to help him build.
8600GT is almost exactly the same. And mine only gets like 15FPS on CoD4 with low settings! And thats superclocked!

Back
Top Bottom