Sorry if ths a is stupid question!!

wee493

In Runtime
But What is a server? what are the advantages of havening one? If i want to turn one of my computers into one do i just install Microsoft server?

Thank you:) :)

a server is basicly what you put a website on. its better to have an offsite server where the bandwith is bigger and where you know the server will have the most uptime

umm a server isnt just what you put a website on lol

it can also be the computer that controls you whole network

im not sure if u want the above purpose and want to host a website on it

or want to install an actual server OS on it and have your computers connect through a domain and then be able to control what your clients 'other computers in your house' see on there screens you can do all sorts when you have a server in your house.

if you are just a basic home user then you really dont need a server.

But What is a server? what are the advantages of havening one? If i want to turn one of my computers into one do i just install Microsoft server?

Thank you:) :)

A server is just a computer that's dedicated to performing specific tasks in a network environment. A network that employs one or more servers is called a "client/server" network, as opposed to just connecting all the computers directly to one another, which is called "peer to peer".

Servers can be dedicated to a single task, such as managing resources or hosting web content, or they can do several at once.

The advantage to having one (or more) is that the client systems are freed from having to perform any of the overhead tasks associated with networking. Instead of supplying access to resources to each other, the client systems all access the server, which most times does nothing but provide the services for which it has been employed.

If you don't have a large network, or host a web or FTP site, you really don't need one.

Back
Top Bottom