Sony Vaio Questions

teho

Baseband Member
I have a VGN-NR330E..and a few questions about it..

1.While the power cord is plugged in, is it better to remove the battery to extend it's life?

2.What type of "cord" can I use to connect my Vaio to my home stereo reciever? The reciever has RCA jacks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. i'm guessing I just plug it into the headphone jack on my laptop? with all the input jacks on my machine I thought I would need something more "Hi-Tech".

I tried the same cord as I use my MP3 player...no luck...all I got was humming coming out. Headphones work on my laptop so The jack works. Any other ideas?

I'm using the correct cord. It's plugged into the "Tape1/MD" RCA jacks on the reciever. When my MP3 is plugged into the same cord everything functions normal. Headphone jack on the laptop is also working properly. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Try plugging it into a different set of RCA input jacks if available. It may be putting out a low level signal that's not getting picked up by the Tape1/MD input.

1.While the power cord is plugged in, is it better to remove the battery to extend it's life?

Yes, remove the battery...if you are going to be having it plugged in very long periods of time. OVER charging a battery actually destroys the battery. Just remember, that if you take out the battery...save your work and anything important...cause if you remove the cord...its turning off. But to answer your question, i would recommend removing your battery if you'll be having it plugged in for say 5 hours or + at a time.

Back
Top Bottom