Sony Vaio not starting up

chrislynch

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS285S its about two years old so that still new enough consider what I paid for it. When it was in warrenty I had to get a new Hardrive, motherboard and RAM... I had alot of trouble. Now thats its out of warrenty I've been haven't a few problems lately. My Clock is not keeping time so I went to look for the CMOS Battery and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know where it is otr has this laptop gone Flash Ram (other something for the bios)?

Once I finished looking for it and put it back together it all worked fine but then yesterday I when to start it up and it would freeze or restart at diffenent points (VAIO Splash screen, Windows logo etc).

Would any of ye have any ideas of what to do. Returning it to Sony is not an option.

Chris

Laptops can be right pain in the asses to find stuff, I found some pics that could be of some use to you.

sonyvaio.jpg

sonyv505.jpg

can you actualy get the full front off? would take alot of taking apart to get to it i would of thought lol.

I took everything off. I know my way around a computer but just can;t find the battery, thinking it may not have one in it...

At it agian and i removed on of my RAM modules and it loaded ok. Maybe I damaged it. Good job I ordered more...

Will keep, you updated.

Back
Top Bottom