SONY, Hp or Dell?

palladin the II

Baseband Member
I know, i know, i should build my own....but i dont have time..i need computer this week. If anybody could give me thoughts, i would really appreciate it..ive done my research, and i'm stuck.

Im using computer for adobe c2 and Age of Empires II type games....mainly for editing movies though....Do i buy:

The new SONY RC and upgrade video card? (can i even do that?)
The newest HP photosmart or a1250n with dual amd (upgrade video card)
Dell xps 400

If anybody knows if sony rc or HP has SLI let me know..thanks for any thoughts...it all helps...

Dell isn't so bad anymore. They're getting better.

HP has always been good for the price.

Sony is good, but is expensive for most people.

i appreciate your reply.....can you give me some direction for what i want? Do you know about adobe c2 and movie editing and stuff? i like all three companies, but i'm stuck. Ive had a compaq Presario 1.8/p4/512/80/5700, for 4 years and it played the latest games till my 5700 ate up my 210 power supply they put in the case!

p.s....i will pay for sony, if its worth it....i just dont know how upgradeable the sony vaio rc is?

That HP has a dual core cpu?!
If so then I'd take it. Dual cores are the way to go. And also HP is a good brand.

I wouldn't go dell. they are a pain to upgrade. I would go HP because of the dual core.

thanks guys! one more thing though: if i get the hp and upgrade video card, i dont want to melt my system, so should i buy a new power supply too? my compaq died on me b/c i bought 5700 with only 210 power suplly...i just dont want compatibility issues.

thats a good pc i would think. i got my hp pc dirt cheap for like 500bucks and it was pretty decent all it needs now is new cooling and a vid card and down the road a psu. wat psu does the HP have? if its like a 400wat it should be ok. depends what vid card ur going to use.

How long does it take you guys to buy all the parts and build a pc? I can do it in one day! Well..depends how long it takes to get parts, but I can normally just get all that in one day

to actually build it maybey 2-3 hours max. You have to acount for all the crap that can go wrong and usally when you are buying parts you shop around a little. especially for the MOBO becuase all the little things matter.

Go with the HP, that is a very nice computer for the price. When you upgrade the video card if you get anything higher then a 6600GT then you will want to upgrade your powersupply.

Back
Top Bottom