Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Something is wrong with my SPeakers

I have 5.1 Phillips speakers...and a intergrated audio card..When i plug in all the wires to my mobo 2 of the speakers stay off and the sub does not bump at alll it makes some base but not as much as it should...but then i took out all of the wire but one ...i left the green wire into the mobo and took out the orange and black out of the mobo also i took the black and orange out of the sub..and now everything works fine the sub gives base...but i cant controll it as 5.1 such as change the sub volume ect...and arent i loosing quality because all the sound is going the one wire?...does anyone know wat is going on..is there something i have to setup on my integrated card...Or i really doubt this is tru but is it possible those conectors in the mobo have blown out or something? PLease Help willing to try anything and i dont have a 5.1 card around anywhere so i cant install that and try...Thank You

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: Something is wrong with my SPeakers

What kind of integrated audio card is that? Does it have space for 5.1? For less than $30, you can get up to 7.1 speaker support using a 24-bit sound blaster, like the one I have in my sig. I would seriously consider getting a seperate sound card. If you can't because of financial issues, or because you've run out of pci spots, you might be stuck with that. It's a little confusing with what you write. I would appreciate a little more organization. Your improvement of spelling, grammar, etc. would be a big imporvement in my understanding of your situation. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
Golden Master

Default Re: Something is wrong with my SPeakers

lol i was in a rush, but i appreciate the help. Yes my integrated card is for 5.1. I think i will just go out and buy a new pci sound card. Does a sound card really improve the quality? Well lets not say improve, lets say will i be able to notice the difference? Thanks for the help

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote