Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
Question Something to Ponder

Okay, so this has kinda bothered me for awhile. You guys know that some computer cases have little doors that cover the drives or whatever, right? Well, every case I've seen has the door open to the left. Now this wouldn't be too much of a problem - more of an inconvenience if you really had to have the case on the right side of your desk. Doors that you could switch opening direction would be good here.

Anyway, my question comes in when you consider cases with clear side panels that allow you to view the insides. Now, one would think that if you got a case with a clear panel, you would want to see it. This means you would have to position the case to the right somewhere to get the best view. What about the damn door?! It still opens to the left!!

Has nobody else noticed this? When I had my desktop with the door and the clear panel, it annoyed the hell out of me because I would have to reach around the door every time to open the CD drive or whatever. Am I crazy, or does this come up with you guys, too?

catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default Re: Something to Ponder

No, it dosent annoy me at all. Of course I have my case setting lower then me so I dont really have to reach around the door just over it which dosent bother me

The Amish computer:
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

I never though of that. I have nver noticed becuase i need my case on the left so i don't even get to see my clear side.
CPU-Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0Ghz / 2MB Cache ~~OS Windows XP SP2
MOBO-Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro Intel Socket 775 (PCI-E)~~HDD-Western Digital 160GB(SATA)
PSU-Aspire 500W ATX~~RAM-1GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (512x2 Dual Channel)
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Yeh, My Case Is On The Left With The Clear Side Away From Me.
Maybe Spank Is On The Brink Of Inventing Some Thing That Would Negate This Problem Mmmm?
Could The Patent Be Pending?
wozelbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 AM   #5
Golden Master

I have mine the same way but it doesn't bother me at all. Most of the time, I'm not looking at my computer anyways. It is nice to know that the side panel is clear so you can see what's up inside the case (in case you suspect a non-working fan or something) instead of opening up the side panel.
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 05:34 AM   #6
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to jay8990

my case (raidmax cobra) has a left hand side window, and the hinges for the door are on the right, so it opens to the right

--- Every man dies, not every man really lives ---
jay8990 is offline   Reply With Quote