Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Is something overheating?

Abit NI8 SLI GR

So I have had tons of problems with no bios and random reboots and what not. So to anyone that might have remembered I actually fixed the problem with uguru not opening up the not having a bios and the restarting in the beginning, but yet again I am plagued with a new problem. Now I was still having those restart problems while play WoW. Well I turned off the restart option and I got a blue screen error with the driver IRQL not equal to blah blah blah.
0x000000D1

ALCXWDM.SYS Adress base at 5658000, Datestamp 42de3b93. So thats whatever.

Anyways I was just playing wow and listening to music and computer completely froze up sound and everything didnt restart just froze. So I opening up uguru to check it and my cpu temp was at 55 and lowering itself. Right now its at 36 degress while im just sitting here but I was watching it while playing music and WoW and it got up to almost 60 degrees. Thats damn hot. Yes I have a sketchy antec 500w PSU but I dont think that this is a power problem. CPU temp 35. CPU Fan 1080 RPM. CPU Volt 1.25. Is there maybe something in uguru I can do to fix it or is this just a overheating CPU. the PWM in uguru stayed around 45 degrees and finally lowered to 38 while just idling. Any help is appreciated thanks ^_^

Skatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Is something overheating?

might help to tell us what cpu u have lol, if its an amd yes thats way to hot, u should take the heatsink off and put some artic silver on there, that should help quite a bit

Old 04-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

Yeah, bit o' thermal paste.

Which CPU is it?
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Baseband Member

3.0 p4 630. Thats the CPU im using. And I put thermal grease on it when I first installed it
Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
Baseband Member

Update I noticed it gets lower and lower when I have everything minimized and im watching uguru even though its still running then shoots back up when I close out of uguru. Dont know if that means anything. However I went to the store and bought some arctic 5 and covered that sucker. Remounted the cpu and everything and now its actually running hotter. I think I may have been the cause I wiped off all of the thermal grease I had used before but by doing so I wiped all of that ...grey stuff on the bottom of the heat sync.. whatever it was... and I think that it was really important.. I hope not would anyone know? Its now running at 40-50 degrees and was at 70 when windows started. It was about 50-60 in bios when I checked it