Something is Killing My RAM?

definately zonealarm personal edition it rocks
it may have alot of pop ups telling you what's accessing the internet but those are easily dealt with

but you know what's going in and especailly what's going out.

Norton Antivirus isn't a firewall, unless you mean Norton System Works.

Yeah, I was going to suggest Zonealarm. I use it, and it has to be one of the best free ones around.
It gives you peace of mind anyway :p

It also allows you to change whats allowed and disallowed within the program, and so, you do have full control.

Find it here:

(Well I would paste the link but the computer I'm using won't let me copy and paste...how nice...)

You'll be able to go here though:

http://www.zonealarm.com

Go to Downloads and select from the Tabs 'ZoneAlarm' which will bring up the basic version which is free. It suffices.

You're all crazy :p Just a waste of money, time, and system resources if you ask me :D I've never used more than Antispyware for about 6 months now and the built in Windows Firewalls. I've had 1 Virus, and no spyware that I haven't downloaded and installed purely for the application it comes with.

To find out which program eats up ram, use task manager. under the processes tab, click on the "mem usage" column header. It should sort all the processes from biggest usage to least usage and viceversa. then google the processes that eat the most amount of ram. To end a process, right click the "image name" and select "end process" or "end process tree" - ends all processes that started it or caused other processes to start (recommended).

Lord Kalthorn said:
You're all crazy :p Just a waste of money, time, and system resources if you ask me :D I've never used more than Antispyware for about 6 months now and the built in Windows Firewalls.

And you think were crazy when your just using default firewalls?... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom