something I've always wondered

Why is one of the floppy IDE cable twisted at one end? I've never understood that. Even brand new the cord is twisted at one end.

ya that is kinda gay. idk. that annyos me too. hey there should be a book called unknown computer stuff. like when you are installing stuff it goes to 99% abd then takes like a whole minute to go 100%. ya know? i hate that

computerlover said:
Why is one of the floppy IDE cable twisted at one end? I've never understood that. Even brand new the cord is twisted at one end.

I think it is to identify it. And it freezes at 99% percent because it is finishing up. Most products never display 100%.

ID purpose? It's smaller and has less pins. I doubt it's for ID purpose. It's for annoying purpose. Also the 99% thing is for annoynce purpose also.

It is caused by the layouts of the boards..
The motherboard has a directiona flow as to how datat gets from place to place and a board must line it out that way so the boards remain clean and uncluttered.
In a floppy board the flow is reversed directed and thus there are 7 wires that cannot be made to line out. this is solved by the twisting of the wires in the cables

Back
Top Bottom