Originally Posted by AmericanSensei
When I go through the CD, I dont see the part where they talk about it listing the drives and partition...It just starts installing. I have the option to upgrade, or new installation..I clicked new. Thier text help says that It should alert you if It detects a previous windows XP installation..I don't get that...
You have an upgrade version of the M$ xp installation disc.
This is what you need to do.
1) set the BIOS to boot 1st from CD
2) insert cd in the drive and reboot your system.
3) you will be prompted to "press any key to boot from CD" press a key.
if you do not press the any key within time it will boot back to windows
and you will have to start all over.
4) follow prompts and select new installation
5) follow prompts to select the drive that will need to be formatted and
which you want to install xp on.
6)follow prompts and if the system starts over do not "press any key to boot from CD if prompted again