Some wierd nulware error :(

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Can anybody tell me what this is? It does it every time I boot up but it'll go when I click close. I've tried looking for the 'nulware.exe' in system32 but its not there.

nulware.jpg

Well, I don't have much time to research it right now, but what I've found so far is that it seems that whatever nulware is is causing some error in ntvdm.exe. This file is basically a virtual 16-bit environment that allows such programs to run in a 32-bit environment. Apparently, nulware is a 16-bit program and is causing some sort of error in the code of the virtual environment.

I suggest starting off by finding out what nulware is exactly. It sounds like something you don't want, but it could be part of a program that you DO want. If it turns out to be something you don't want, uninstall it or its associated program. Otherwise, try reinstalling it or its associated program. I hope this helps!

Okay, yeah. I did some more research, and Nulware is definitely spyware/malware. What you need to do is, first of all, get a good anti-spyware program like Ad-Aware or Spybot if you don't already have one. If these programs aren't picking it up, you need to manually search for and delete any occurrence of "nulware.exe". Also, you will have to open your registry editor and delete all instances of "nulware" (make sure you back up your registry first!).

It seems that Nulware might be linked to the Search Assistant spyware, but not necessarily. In any case, your anti-spyware program should at least pick that up. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom