Some quick Questions.

maddermaxx

Solid State Member
I currently have a old gateway PC 1.5Ghz pentium 4, 256mb ram, and a Nvidia Fx 5500XT 256mb Gfx card, and my sister also uses it and she screws it to hell with trojans etc. i was wondering if it is possible to hook up 2 hard drives and have them interchangeable.. 1 for me. 1 for her. and not have stuff cross over etc. and i would like to make it faster.. 1gb ram a new processor and i was wondering if i should get a new motherboard or just stick with stocker.. i want it for games.. the gmaes i play are.. Sims, Sims 2, Battlefield 1942 and mods, Flight simulator 2004, And Command And Conquer games.. Thanks for all the help!

does the firewall let me play games set up servers etc? becasue i have had them before.. and they did'nt let me do diddley squat.. and i still want my pc to be faster so BF is'nt like robots.

if you want quicker you need to rebuild from scratch. if you dont use a firewall you are going to get everything the bad boys on the internet can throw at you.
get zone alarm like setishock said. you can set it to allow your games access to the net. you might have to study it a bit first but it is effective.
woz

bleh.. Rebuild from scratch? my mom said i havto "fix" my computer to get it go faster.. right now i am playing games on my moms.. and there threatening to put it back in the box because i keep using it. so a new processor, board, ram and HD aint gonna make it any faster?

Just tell her that to fix it, you have to get all new parts. So basically, it would be a brand new computer in the old case. [wink wink]

Back
Top Bottom