some kind of virus problem i think

jcon891

Daemon Poster
hi, I have always run adaware and spybot every so often on my computer and i have recently suspected that there's something wrong. for a while my computer has had problems connecting to certain websites. today all of the sudden, most of my applications stopped opening. I have started my computer in safe mode and still I can't open programs. It is frustrating and I tried downloading Avast but the installation file won't open.

please help me understand this

edit -- i researched further and it seems my problem is some kind of spyware/adware named mrtstub. I am not sure how it got in and i have no clue how to get it out. it seems to affect safe mode the same way it does normal.

any help would be much appreciated.

Wow thank you so much for doing this work for me and finding that. Unfortunately I got impatient with my computer and I needed it badly so I reformatted probably an hour before you posted that :(

I'll keep the site on file and if I ever see something similar I'll try it. I am curious now.

Thanks again :D, yeah it was a pretty nasty problem. I couldn't get into anything. It blocked access to only my add/remove programs section of the control panel. everything else worked but even in safe mode i couldn't get there. It was very strange.

Back
Top Bottom