some internet trouble, plz help!

DefCon_!1!

Fully Optimized
ok..so last night, i wanted to create a password for my wireless, so i did, but then decided to get rid of it since it only brodcasts about 3ft away from my house, so there is really no need.

i try to connect back to my internet, but only connect to my network, (local connection only is what it said.)

i have windows try and help me, and it says to plug the calble from my modem to my router into port 2, so i do, and i get internet, but for some reason, when i type in "ipconfig" in CMD, it dosent sow my ip, i cant access my routers settings, and my ps3 cannot obtain my IP address.

any changes i made previous to this happinging to my router i changed back to what it was before, so i dont think it was that

also, i inpluged both modem and router, waited, and pluged back in, nothing, and one more thing, i pluged the cord back into 4, what i usually had it in, and i still get interwebs, but i says im on 2, and the internet light on the router is not on

btw, its a belkin G plus MIMO
belkin_halozat_F5D9230ee4.jpg

plz help, i want to play GTA4 :D, plus, this port 2 interet is slower than wat i had

Get out your owner manual and follow the instructions for resetting the router. It is usually a small hole in the back of the unit.

yep most linksys routers its right behing it,you can also type your ip if you know it in the url to access your rouyters config can you access that area?

yep most linksys routers its right behing it,you can also type your ip if you know it in the url to access your rouyters config can you access that area?

ya, the reset button is right there, i would push it, but my dad wants to fiddle around with it first. ugh.

and no, i cant access the config, yet im on the internet. strange.

and also, the family computer cant get internet, yet i can though wireless

you did type the correct ip address in the url right? there should have been a config username window open.

ya, the right ip, or atlleast the one that was working before this happend

as i said, before, i ran "ipconfig" in CMD to find out the routers address, now, when i look for it, i get

hsd1.fl.comcast.net

instead of the usuall 192.168.2.1

Back
Top Bottom