Some ideas plz?

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
I have a game online that I really like to play but the problem is that it lags. I got my ping lowered by alot. Instead of 1,042 its now 17 big change. Now it still lags. Now i'm just wondering if it could be memory or the video card. I have enough memory, I think. Its a 40gb hardrive with 256 DDR. I mean I used about half of it already but the single player version runs fine with a little bit of lag but still none the less fine (the game is half-life2). So if anyone can give me an idea it would be most appreciated.

get more ram. I could play HL2 fine with 512, but I suggest u get atleast 1GB. Also what vid card are u using?

its really crappy, its a built in intel(R) something i dont really know but all i know its not great for what i'm running

Ronco Rox said:
its really crappy, its a built in intel(R) something i dont really know but all i know its not great for what i'm running

Get a proper video card, what type of motherboard is it?

see im not that sure because i dont know that much off computers but this is what it says on my properties Celeron(R) CPU 2.80 GHZ

not really sure about this but could you press the tilda key (`,~) and then type in the ping commands i know this works for counter strike source cause i do it, but i have never tried it for HL2. do you know what the pings commands are?

Go to www.lavalys.com and download Everest Home Edition and run it.

It'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the hardware that's currently inside your machine. Chances are you do have an onboard Intel video chip, that's probably the problem. Putting in a proper video card and disabling the onboard one is a good thing to do anyway.

Back
Top Bottom